SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lascatx_gw

Wolf Ovens -- I Want to Cry

lascatx
16 years ago

My double ovens are aout 13 months old -- have had a burner element replaced, a fan replaced, 2 control panels replaced, and last night while the oven was on only a few minutes to broil garlic bread, we smelled that plasticky, electricl overheating smell. It was coming from the vent at the bottom of the oven and we had to shut the breaker off to stop it and avoid a fire.

In the same trip to the laundry room, I discovered that my washing machine had stopped. It won't drain and makes horrible noises. It'a a Calypso, and I'm guessing it's really dead. We've been looking at front loaders, but we'll have to look at remodeling the utility room to fit the deeper ones in. The plan until then was to do hardwoods in our entry, living and dining room -- but we may be putting that off again.

The repair men have all told me Wolf is so solid and they get so few repair calls on them. I know even the most perfect line made will have a lemon now and then -- and I seem to find my share. Is this a freak? I don't know if I just need to vent or if I need reasssurance that the next one (I'm going to insist that Wolf replace this disaster) will be a good one.

Comments (18)