SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emlakerat

Washer is dying. I sense trouble ahead.

emlakerat
13 years ago

The nine year old Whirlpool needs replacing. I really hate to see it go.

I'm not very happy with the choices out there. Is there going to be a washer for me? Seems like every time I do a load, I'm always adding something a few minutes later. That means raising the lid & sometimes changing the water level. Lots of times when an item of clothing has a stain, I check it mid-cycle.

I've even been known to stop the machine at the rinse cycle and start it over in order to get a warm rinse. This means after the machine fills again with warm water, I have to change it back once again to the beginning of the rinse cycle.

Am I just weird? Or is anyone else unhappy that you can't get a machine with a warm rinse cycle any longer?

Have you ever put a few pairs of jeans in a normal wash cycle for a while, then added the 'good jeans with the bling' and finished with a gentle cycle? I'm going to miss having these options.

I guess a FL is definitely out of the running. I don't know if there is any machine out there that can still be manipulated - lol. Manual controls - yes, they're still available, but what about changing water levels after the wash cycle has already begun? Can you still do that if you need to add one more piece of clothing? Wouldn't that save more water than doing a second load later?

Hubby doesn't want to pay for repairs on the old one. We think it's the clutch.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio