SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indy_anna

Can you help me develop an idea for DH's graduation?

Indy_Anna
15 years ago

DH graduates from medical school in May. I've been trying to figure out what to get him that won't kill our budget. I just read about an idea that I'm really excited about, but I want your input to make sure I do this the best as possible.

This is what I found:

A Book of Advice from Patients to the new Doctor. I secretly e-mailed about 100 of our friends and family asking them what advice they would like to give the new doctor. I compiled all of the responses into 5 categoriesÂBedside Manners, Rx and documentation, Medical Humor (there are A LOT of medical jokes available online), Office management, and Waiting Room and Patient RoomsÂand made a book out of them. I wrote a very nice introduction from our family in the front of the book and included medical graphics and fun fonts.

I've made a quick list of 75 people. But how should I write the email? This is what I have...

DH will be graduating from Indiana University School of Medicine this May. As a gift to him, I would like to put together a book of advice for the new doctor. This is your chance to mold the future of this young physician. Suggestions on bedside manner, prescriptions, office management, and doctor jokes are all welcome. Please send to me by April 18 so I have time to compile everything into a bound book.

I don't want to limit people to those topics, but I wanted to give examples to help give an idea of what I'm looking for. I'll also provide my email and house address.

So, what are your thoughts about this? What about the email? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments (14)