SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pupwhipped

Is a Shaw sink grid in my future?

pupwhipped
14 years ago

Okay, if you have the sink grid for the Shaw's 30 incher, do you like it? Why do you like it?? Do you even LOVE it???

Here's my story: I LOVE my Shaw sink as far as looks go. I cannot imagine another sink in my kitchen...it really is a focal point. I truly love it's appearance. But function wise, there's definitely a minus side. Minus...I have a plastic grid thing in there now, and when tossing stuff in the sink for disposal, the grid gets all gunked...really gunked! I gotta scrub-a-dub on that thing for awhile. But, let me give you a little of my own personal sink history for comparison. Shaw sink is in a remodel of a home we bought awhile back. Another home we still own (and where I'm writing from now) has this humongous TWO bowl sink. Overall length of this sink is 38". It's an Americast (finish I do not recommend) sink from 1993. It has this HUGE left hand side bowl and a very ample, but smaller, right hand side where my disposal is located. While using this sink, I appreciate the disposal side being separated from the washing/soaking/whatever else side. That's what I do not like about the one big bowl Shaw sink. I do put a plastic container in my Shaw sink to soak dishes, but I still don't like the function of it. Anyone else out there know what I mean? I have to have SOME kind of a grid because of the heavy items I wash...I have an induction cooktop and use cast iron cookware a great deal. Ooooops, I really think I'm just rambling on now. Hope someone gets my drift? But, back on point, is a Shaw sink grid in my future, and is it a good thing???

Comments (8)