SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
no_green_thumb

Wanting to update my bedroom

no_green_thumb
16 years ago

I "redid" my bedroom a year or so ago, but it definitely needs something else.

The room is quite large, maybe 16 x 18 or so. The walls are BM OC-16, Cedar Key. While it is an absolute perfect match to one of the colors in the quilt (just a hint of amethyst), I think it is too cold. I love the quilt, but am getting tired of it. I think I would like to get something else and be able to change for the seasons.

My bedroom set is very dated (count 36 years), but is not going anywhere anytime soon, so I need to work with it and around it.

The room has windows on two walls, and the only way I think the bed looks best is where it is now. I have had it on the diagonal where the armoire is, but with the cedar chest at the foot, it just looks like too much "diagonal" when you enter the room.

So, I would like to

1 - warm up the paint, with something that would complement the current bedding and also be neutral enough to be used with another bedding (any ideas on different bedding welcomed!!)

2 - do something with my dresser. I want to take down those hideous mirrors, but don't know what to do in their place, another mirror, painting? I don't know.

3 - possibly replace the headboard. I am thinking an iron headboard, something not too heavy, so it would more balance against the window.

4 - find something else to put the TV on - preferably in.

The only reason that table is there is because I had it.

5 - keep the window treatments or not. I am open to suggestions.

I have included photos, including photos of the master bath, which is now all mine! The floors in the room are natural red oak hardwood. I love them! I have a small rug under the cedar chest at the foot of the bed, but that is the only floor covering. The bathroom is painted BM HC-102 Clarksville Gray which is do like. It is more of a green and beautifully complements the painting on the vanity. They vanity is an old dresser we converted.

Thank you for your help.

Looking into the room from the hallway

View of the right side of the room - wall is adjacent to the hallway

Looking at the bed straight on and a close-up of the quilt

Left side of the room

Looking at the back side of the room, closet and door to the bathroom

Bathroom vanity

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations