SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen19083

Backsplash Suggestions - Opinions, Please!

jen19083
15 years ago

I'm soliciting ideas and opinions about my backsplash. Here is the original area where I'm going to put a backsplash ('before' picture):

I am thinking of a backsplash of all the same marble (don't remember the name of it, but it has some beige in it, which will tie into my new floor (warme, beig-y travertine) and new granite (cool, grey/white Bianco Romano). I was inspired by this another GW poster's backsplash, which I've linked to below (thanks, golddust):

I plan to use 4X4 tiles on the bottom, a pencil, and then subway tiles in a brick pattern.

OK - here's where I need help. Should I put a backsplash here:

and/or here:

There will be granite on this frame, and the shelving will match the existing cabinets.

Here's another shot of the non-windowed wall, where there will be shelves, I think 2, mounted on the wall above the granite:

Should I continue the 4X4, pencil, subway brick pattern above the granite and below the shelves? Should I do something different here? What about the wall below the windows? Or, should I just do a row (4X4s, w/ or w/o the pencil)?

Thanks in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/3273826

Comment (1)