SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cearab_gw

Dreft/Ivory Liquid vs other detergents

cearab
14 years ago

I'd really like some knowledgeable advice here. A friend, who works for a very high end towel and linen mfgr, insists that only Dreft and Irovy Liquid should be used for washing ANYTHING. I opened a can of worms (and have had this discussion with her before), when I mentioned yesterday that two of my nice cotton sheets had ripped. These are Court of Versailles high thread count sheets, but are much cheaper than what my friend's company makes. My friend insists that every detergent that I use is junk, and that my complete lack of knowledge on this topic is what ruined my sheets. I use Tide cold water, or All. I have a top loader Kitchenaid washer that is about 7 years old, and seems to do a good job. I know this is nit-picky, but I really would like some real ammunition to poke holes in her theory that all clothing, bedding, etc , should only ever be washed in Dreft. First of all, I can't afford to buy Dreft for every day use, and I am unconvinced it is really a better detergent. She claims everything that you can get at the store other than Dreft is just junk. Surely all the companies selling detergent aren't selling a bad product. Is there someone out there that can give me some real expert advice/thoughts on this subject? My friend is a know-it-all, and she acts like am a simpleton for not using Dreft. Drives me nuts!

Comments (10)