SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellen_2468_gw

Bathroom Vanity Light over Wall Mounted Cabinet

Ellen_2468
12 years ago

I have been reading postings here on aspects of this issue, but I want to bring it up again to pull some pieces together and see if there are any new thoughts or experiences.

We are looking for lights that need to go over a wall mounted medicine cabinet in the bathroom which is over a 30" vanity. They can't go on the side. The issue, of course, is the light not being blocked by the cabinet and the fixture not blocking the cabinet doors from opening.

I have been reading some comments on having the light fixture face up. I would like to hear more about that as an option and if people are finding that can work.

Another option seems to be to build a box that goes above the cabinet and place the light fixture on the box. Has anyone had experience with that?

Another option seems to be to get some kind of extension for the light itself so it sticks out further.

Is there something I am missing? I would also love any links to pictures which show lights over the wall mounted cabinets, other than the round "Hollywood" lights.

Thanks for your help.

Comments (14)