SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmize22

Bathroom wall sconces over 36" vanities?

Laura M
4 years ago

I want to use sconces flanking both mirrors that will sit over the double sinks in my master bathroom (renovation starting soon) ... but I'm not sure if we have room for sconces. Here are some details:

Will have LED lighting recessed into the ceiling, which is a vaulted ceiling that extends to about 12 feet high on right side of vanity. We have one vanity area, with two 36 inch vanities and a bank of drawers connecting them in the middle. On top of counter, we will have a cabinet tower, probably about 16 inches wide. The vanity area is tucked between the shower on the left and the wall shared with bedroom on the right.

So... I'm not sure, once we fit a mirror over each sink, will there be enough room on either side of the mirrors for sconces? Or do we need to just stick with lighting on the wall over each mirror? Does anyone have opinions about use of LED mirrors & no other lighting above or next to the mirrors? We will have sufficient lighting in the ceiling to light the place, so maybe all we need at the vanity area is a lighted mirror?

Comments (3)