SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinri

Starting kitchen reno

NewEnglandgal
10 years ago

These are pictures of my kitchen right now. They just pulled out my huge 10 ft island that was way too big. We are getting new doors for the cabinets and new drawers made by a cabinet maker. A new 6 ft island is being built in cherry.

We are taking out the floor tomorrow. The rest of the counter, which is granite in Violetta, is coming out. At the time the counters were put in we did not realize there were mistakes and that they did a shoddy job (funny that the company is now out of business).
Our cabinets are pickled maple (so 90's!). Our perimeter cabinets are going to be painted a cream color.

We are hoping to use some of the left over granite for a fireplace front and a bathroom counter top.

We will be getting a new back splash and new sink as well.
I have no idea what I am doing for counter top yet nor the back splash or flooring! I had to call in an interior designer because after looking at Home Depot and Lowes I am so overwhelmed with all the choices I will need help with direction. We meet with her on Thursday night.
I have no idea what colors I want in my counters, back splash or flooring. I'm doing good aren't I?
This is what happens when you turn 50!
Any advice on best counters for heat would be great. I want a different counter for my island (that is what I am thinking right now anyway). My husband says he doesn't think he wants granite again and we are thinking possibly Silestone. I do do not like plain or solid colors nor do I want extreme or busy patterns or something I will tire of 5 years down the road. So difficult! I have been thinking I'd like to paint the walls a light gray or light gray blue. My husband thinks that gray would look like a very cold and drab color. I do not agree! What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Where you see the microwave used to be my wall oven and wall microwave. The pantry will now be going in there and where you see the pantry is where the double wall ovens will go. We bought new stainless steel appliances and I have a cook top going back in the island (where one was before).
Hope I did this picture thing correctly. I am not a technophobe.

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/fe/l=en_US/p/Organizer/s_c=0/s_mvm=NAP/s_ev20=sharee_reg4/s_ru=FALSE/s_se=FDR/s_pt=REP/s_cmpg=sharee_reg4#state=(%22pl%22%3A(%22uc%22%3A2%2C%22aid%22%3A%2211553999007%22%2C%22vp%22%3A%22g%22%2C%22sb%22%3A5)%2C%22ovm%22%3A(%22v%22%3A%22s%22))

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!