SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladoladi

Question about recessed, can lights - sloped ceilings?

ladoladi
12 years ago

Hello:

Our house has sloped ceilings, and I'm wondering if there's a significant difference between recessed lights for sloped ceilings and recessed lights for flat ceilings. Can flat ceiling recessed lights be installed on sloped ceilings?

I'm in the process of figuring out what trim kit/baffle to put in my recessed lights (family room, kitchen, and den) and I just saw the sloped ceiling baffles with the ridges that are parallel to the floor. Are these significantly better for sloped ceilings than the regular baffles?

It looks like the sloped ceiling baffles can only be installed in the sloped ceiling cans, but I'm not sure if I have flat ceiling cans or sloped ceiling cans. My electrician never even mentioned I had an option, and I had no idea such a thing as a sloped ceiling can existed. Short of hauling myself into the attic, is there an easy way to tell if I have sloped ceiling cans or flat ceiling cans?

I realize the most obvious answer to my question is "Why don't you ask your electrician?" However, I'd like to avoid calling this particular company because they basically cheated and lied to us, and we had to fire them.

Thanks.

Comments (8)