SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txjay

Washing Machine - Electrolux

Txjay J
15 years ago

I've been reading the message board trying to decide what kind of washing machine to buy when we move back to the States. We currently have a Zanussi, which is made by Electrolux. It was new when we moved in and if it's the same as the product made for the US, it has been excellent - reliable, quiet, and good cleaning. The capacity of this model is quite small (as are most w/d here), 2 queen sheets are the largest load (and they require a good shove), but it spins at 1200 rpm and has a cycle we call "boil" ;-) with a temp of 95C (203F) guaranteed to get whites white!

Although I was leaning toward the LG; I would definitely consider the Electrolux if it's the same as the Zanussi, although a model with a larger capacity!

I've always wondered how the Bosch/Miele/Zanussi models in the US compare to the Euopean versions.

Following is a link to a guy in the UK who has some information on UK washers. Be aware that plumbing is a little different here, so some word/concepts may be "lost in translation" ;-)

http://www.washerhelp.co.uk/reviews/washing-machine-reviews.html

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH