SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rknala

Survivor-If you watched it

katlan
13 years ago

Well? What did everyone think? Was that a freakin' crazy tribal council or what? This could be a very good season if it stays like this. That guy is whacked, lol.

Comments (37)

• bigack
    13 years ago

If you mean Philip, I agree, how arrogant! Pretty interesting!

• FlamingO in AR
    13 years ago

I have an earworm- "Secret AGENT man, secret AGENT man...." FORMER- ya think he was fired for being bossy and annoying? Man! They missed a perfect opportunity to get rid of him, although they need to keep the men for any hope of winning physical challenges. What a dilemma! lol That guy needs to get over himself, so arrogant. And what's with wanting to blow your HII on the first vote? That woman isn't too bright, either. Why did she bother to hide it, if she was going to tell so many people? And now everyone knows, thanks to Mr. Former Federal Agent. (Did he say what branch? Aren't IRS guys federal agents?) lol

I was sitting there going "Best 1st Tribal Council EVER!" lol

I just love Rob. He's such a player. And Russell hasn't changed a bit, unless you count tattoos. lol

• Related Discussions

Anyone watch Survivor?

Q

Comments (12)
    Last night's show was OK. I guess we have had some pretty exciting episodes, so the run-of-the-mill kind seem boreing. I must have missed the preview. I would sure hate to see Matt injured enough to go home. I like both Rob and Matt and wouldn't mind the two of them at the end. Phil is so unpredictable, I could easily see him going to the other tribe after the merge. Wow! Next week they merge and the one from the island goes back. Doing that at the same time as the merge means he is not going back to one particular team. Matt doesn't really know either tribe well, and the tribe he started out with, are the ones that got rid of him. This could be very interesting! I like the way Julie plays under the radar. She isn't really noticed, but puts her ideas in enough to show value. With the women down to nobody else, she is in danger just by being out-numbered by the guys. She is a good player.
    ...See More

Anyone watch Survivor???

Q

Comments (1)
    Loved it! Here's the recap. Here is a link that might be useful: Survivor 11/6 recap
    ...See More

Did anyone watch Survivor? (possible spoilers)

Q

Comments (7)
    I was happy to see Vince go because his ego and paranoia were already out of control. I was surprised that Will? voted the way he did, not sure why. Was it because Nina told him that Vince thought he was having a hard time physically? Just an aside. Why can't these people wear bathing suits or swimming trunks. I really hate to see the men walking around flapping in the breeze and the women in bras that barely fit. They know they are going on Survivor and they will be somewhere warm, usually tropical. Wouldn't a bathing suit be the first thing you pack?
    ...See More

Survivor last night-(spoilers if you haven't watched)

Q

Comments (6)
    I think they should have sent Rahdney home, bro! haha Joaquin was nasty also. Rodney is worse. And the post man guy, crap, can't remember his name, (Mr. Banana Hammock, gag) he is an idiot. Talking to Sierra, trying to get her back to their group and he comes off with "Shut your mouth and open your ears and just listen", I'm not even going to type on here what I would have said to him, lol. He really doesn't get it does he? I still don't like Sierra though. Not ever a fan of throwing a challenge, although I can see the one guys reasoning, to save their teammate on the other tribe. But history has shown once you throw a challenge you end up on a downhill losing streak. Rodney's reaction at tribal was priceless! Like Shirin's was last week. I love it. Hurry up next Wednesday.
    ...See More
  • jackie_ok
    13 years ago

I loved it. Phillip was really working hard at Tribal. He was nervous and sweating. I don't know why the one with the hidden immunity idol told anybody. She should have just kept that to herself for awhile. I like Boston Rob. I know he likes to be the boss, but I like him any way. I thought if they vote him off, they are going to lose one good player needed for challenges and more than likely, he will be back anyway.

• tinainky
    13 years ago

And why the big push to immediately get rid of Rob? He's great at challenges and knows how to play the game. I'd keep him around until after the merge. I couldn't stand him the first time he played the game, but he's grown up and is very likeable now.

On the other hand, Russell would probably have to go right away. He's not much of a team player, is he?

And why do people have to tell everyone when they find a hidden immunity idol? Are they just so proud of themselves for finding it that they have to brag to everyone? It's so unbelievable how people let their egos cloud their judgement.

• wanda_va
    13 years ago

I noticed when they showed Phillip, it said "Former Federal Agent?" The question mark was very telling. He sure does love himself.

I think this could be a really good season. I also like Rob now, but didn't the first time he was on. They should keep him around.

Hmmm, I worked for the federal government, so maybe I should call myself a "Former Federal Agent." I'm sure that will impress everyone. LOL

• nicole__
    13 years ago

Oh YEAH......I'm impressed! lol WOW! I agree with bigack....that was arrogant.....

I watched the lawyer lady/Francesca in her intro tape. She thinks she's the smartest one there......oooooooookay....gave everyone nicknames based on her first impression of them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Francesca's intro interview....

• FlamingO in AR
    13 years ago

And wouldn't a "former federal agent" be better with names? I mean, Francesca isn't that hard to remember or say. lol I really loved how she kept correcting him on that.

• Terri_PacNW
    13 years ago

I thought it was great...I couldn't believe the "beans spillin" all over already...these guys are doomed...and Rob...was sitting there going..."amateurs"...LOL

I believe he(Phillip) told the "Girls" that he worked for 3 different agencies...Really? I think he's full of crap! "I can read people...I've been trained to tell if people are lying"...

Oh he's a "coach" type for sure... Kellan asked me if Fabio was back...LOL I said nope 'nother surfer lookin dude..

and I think my favorite line was...
    "no, your cool and that's that most amazing MAN SWEATER!"...roflmao

• gadgets
    13 years ago

The show had barely started when they started saying things like 'we have to get rid of Rob'. Goodness, don't they learn anything from watching previous seasons? So they immediately start knocking off the stronger players, making their team so weak that it can't win any challenges. And so many of them are trying to 'make a name for themselves' from the get go.

All in all, I think redemption island will make this an interesting season.

Shirley

• sushipup1
    13 years ago

Here's Jeff's blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jeff's blog

• hayjud_mn
    13 years ago

The first show of the season is usually blah blah blah getting to know some of the players, BUT this one was full of stupid/foolish happenings. They are playing like they only had a couple days to pull it all off!

Kristina telling others, that she really didn't even know, about that idol was the first big stupid move. She could have even denighed having it.

Then there is Phillip! We might have another one here that will be forever famous for being the KING OF STUPID at Tribal counsel. "Former" agent, I don't think I would even reveal that unless I was old enough to be a "Former" due to retirement.

I am impressed with Rob and I would like to see him go far, or even the end. He makes the show interesting. I love his comments!

Russell I can't stand and I hope they have the guts to vote him out fast. I got a chuckle out of those two guys that recited his pattern of action, and he is doing the very same. If anyone beleives any word out of his mouth, they are fools.

Wow! We have to wait a whole week for the next episode!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    13 years ago

I knew this season would be good when they said Rob and Russell would be back, Rob is ok but I LOVE Russell he keeps the game so fresh and exciting you never know what the heck he is going to do next and get away with.
    That Phil dude is wacked, now they all know NOT to tell him anything! They should all say far far away from him for many reasons!
    People that find the idols and immediately run and tell deserve to have them taken and I was so hoping Rob was just going to put that idol in his pocket at tribal when he asked her for it and SHE GAVE IT to him, duh! Rob is right amateurs.
    Francesca is going to get on everyones last nerve she already has hit mine LOL. Guess she already showed how smart she was, NOT.

• deemarie5500
    13 years ago

DH and I are hooked again. We plan our week around it. In fact, we have a 2-week vacation coming up, and we were trying to figure out how to make sure we are in the villa on Wednesday nights so we don't miss the episodes! LOL!

One of my all-time favorite shows, and this season's start did not disappoint!

Love it!

• Lily316
    13 years ago

Didn't anyone else love secret agent man's pink underwear? Seriously?? He's a trip . Where do they get these people? I don't like Francesca and the babe with the idol. I didn't like Rob years ago but do now. Why would you get rid of a smart strong player? I detest Russel more every time I see his weaselly face. He is one ugly dude.

• matti5
    13 years ago

For the life of me I don't understand why contestants don't wear more suitable clothing. They know they will be "dropped off" with the clothes on their back. Did you notice that Rob had on 2 layers of clothing, including a jacket.

Philip is an idiot and I am glad that he is a "former" agent. Scares me to think he was in that position. With that said, I hope they keep him around for awhile, he's undpredictable and crazy which makes for good tv. However I could do without the pink underwear lol.

• merry_maid
    13 years ago

What an opener~ luckily for Survivor, there's always an unlimited supply of nutjobs willing to show America just how idiotic they are. And how proud they are to be one of those nutjobs!

"Didn't anyone else love secret agent man's pink underwear"
    "For the life of me I don't understand why contestants don't wear more suitable clothing"

double amen!! I kept waiting to see if one of Crazy Phil's coconuts was going to fall out of that leg opening. there was another guy wearing knit underwear too .... don't they know we're all seeing EVERYTHING?!?! There was already so much blurring last night, they better get them some new swim suits/trunks asap .......or else put the 'raw' Survivor on one of the afterhours networks.

• Toni S
    13 years ago

Must have a black hole sucking me into it this time. I try not to get to involved in the season since I'm always having to leave the house to pick up or deliver kids but this show was on as I was mulling around the house waiting to be taxi mom and I couldn't hold myself back from watching the last half. Missed the actual voting, had to leave, but I knew it was going to be good.

What is it with all the underwear? Don't they have a chance to change into some decent island clothes? (heck I don't even know where they are) Phillip and his floppy undies crack me up. How can they take him serious looking like he does? Lots of Victorias secret attire. It's going to be quite a season!

• katlan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I agree with everyone!! Who shows up in a half shirt and frilly mini skirt to be dropped on a deserted island? Rob was very smart to wear extra clothes. And the idiots want to vote the strong guys off instead of the ditzy little girls who don't know anything and can't do anything. I like Russell he's sneaky and knows how to work people. Just needs to learn diplomacy, which he'll never do, so he won't win, again. Don't these people learn from watching other seasons what to do and what not to do?
    I think Phil may seriously be mental, hahaha. This is going to be a great season if every week is like this.

• lindyluwho
    13 years ago

Well, I actually liked Phillip. I was glad he "outted" Kristina about having the idol and telling they planned to vote Rob out. Those 2 girls were lying and he let it be known. I can't stand Kristina. I would have voted her out in a heart beat.

I'm not a Russell fan but he does make it interesting. I didn't like Rob the first time but I do like him now.

Linda

• sushipup1
    13 years ago

I think that the staff must lie to the players before they start and tell them to dress for a photo shoot or something else, and then whoosh, they are off. They must be tricked. I know that no one in their right mind would dress that way on purpose for Survivor. So the lesson to learn is to take nothing but heavy-duty camping clothes and shoes and nothing else. Rob and Russell knew better. And for heaven's sake, leave the pink briefs at home! Sheesh, I could have done without THAT!

• Adella Bedella
    13 years ago

I didn't get to watch it last night. Will catch up in a couple of days. Looks like a good one.

• Lindsey_CA
    13 years ago

"I was glad he [Phillip] 'outted' Kristina about having the idol and telling they planned to vote Rob out. Those 2 girls were lying and he let it be known."

Then you misunderstood what was happening, just as Phillip misunderstood it.

Francesca and Kristina were hoping to blindside Rob by voting him out. That's why when Jeff asked Kristina if she were worried about being sent home, she replied that, oh, yeah, she was worried - that's why she packed all her stuff and brought it with her (as she patted her bag of stuff). And when they claimed that "Rob has nothing to worry about," they were just trying to give Rob a "false sense of security." As a "former federal agent," Phillip should be well versed in covert operations. Seems he flunked that course in Federal Agent 101.

• katlan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hmmmm, interesting thought Sushipup. I just can't imagine going dressed like that on purpose. And the underwear? Ugh, seriously? They don't have trunks????

• sushipup1
    13 years ago

Nope, they are not that stupid, they have been tricked. None of these people are that stupid. (even tho at times, they might seem so.)

Remember the first Pearl Islands, Rupert's first show? They shipwrecked them, with nothing but the clothes on their backs. And they were tricked. Rupert had to make himself a skirt, as I recall.

• Lily316
    13 years ago

But there have been a gazillion Survivor shows. How could anyone be tricked into wearing unsuitable clothing? I'd have shorts on under jeans or sweats and layers and suitable shoes.

• wildchild
    13 years ago

There have been several interviews and articles stating that the producers pick through the clothes the contestants bring and pretty much dictate what they will wear and will be alloowed to keep during filming. If the contestant doesn't have anything "suitable" wardrobe will find them something to wear. It's all about dramatic effect. Contestants have little say in what they wear or how they will be edited to appear. It's in their contract.

• Cricketm
    13 years ago

I dvr the show and watched it last night. I like Survivor and especially like Rob. But, I must say, this is a scripted show...it is so obvious. They are told to wear those types of clothes...because why would anyone bring scanty outfits out there for 39 days??? How did that girl find the hidden idol so fast????....I think it was fixed. They added Russell and Rob for some excitment to the show. Believe me most of the reality shows are scripted. I only dvr The Survivor and Amazing Race...

We have a bunch of hard working members this year young and old.

• liira
    13 years ago

My first thought when they walked into Tribal Council, was that looks like a set on stage not outdoors at all. They are all so clean when they arrive at council, I wonder if they go somewhere and eat and bathe first?
    I think its funny how the young people are all awe of Rob.

• ruthieg__tx
    13 years ago

I bet all the Federal Agents alive and watching the show are falling over laughing at the pink underwear......That stupid man just sealed his fate. Those idiots can't win without Rob and I don't even like him....his ego is almost as big as Phillips.

• Oakley
    13 years ago

I have it recorded but haven't had time to watch it. I didn't like Rob on the first show either but now I adore him!

I also didn't like Russell the first time, but same thing, he's fun to watch.

Can't wait to see the hoopla at the Tribal Council!

I live for Survivor and Big Brother! lol

• lunchlady1948
    13 years ago

I think that Ex Fed Agent is a mental case that is why he is an EX Agent and we all know that not all agents work in the field or even on active cases so he can take his Ex Agent stuff and shove it! He is scary to me very verbally abusive~~I would not align with him at all.

• lunchlady1948
    13 years ago

Oh I forgot our nextdoor neighbor's wife worked for the FBI as a secretary, but he always called her an agent~~just an example of an Ex Agent not really being an agent~~~~;) She is an ex agent now also~~~~

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    13 years ago

even in his tape he is very strange(PHIL)
    Survivor: Redemption Island Cast - Phillip

Get to know Phillip Sheppard from "Survivor: Redemption Island"

I thought this was pretty funny
    "On a recent interview with host Jeff Probst, he was talking to Jimmy Fallon. Probst mentioned Phillip right away and said that his background as a former Special Agent is interesting. Even during his interview he told them that he was one but can�t prove it."

• wildchild
    13 years ago

Special Agent is a very broad term. It applies to anyone working for a Federal Government agency who has the people to arrest those who are in violation of his agencies area of investigation or concern.

A food inspector may be a federal agent. Like the guy who comes around looking for roaches in the local diner's kitchen. I had an Indian friend who could carry the title and be armed because he was a liaison for his tribe and the US government.

Anyone who is employed in federal intelligence is a Secret Agent. In Philips case I believe he sat behind a 'puter doing employee background check. That would make him a "secret" agent but in a broad use of the term. LOL

Phillip is using the term and making waves with it because most people envision James Bond when they hear the term. LOL

• Lindsey_CA
    13 years ago

I don't remember Phillip saying he was a "former special agent" or "former secret agent." He said, quite a few times, that he was a "former federal agent." There's a huge difference.

• wildchild
    13 years ago

Well just for kicks I ran him and came up with his resume on his "linked" page. Seems he was a Special Agent (did background checks) for 3 years in the 80's.

Here is a link that might be useful: Phillip Sheppard

• susanjf_gw
    13 years ago

and russel isn't on the producer's list of pals, either...

he's got a big mouth!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/02/is-survivors-russell-hantz-spilling-show-secrets.html