SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olivesmom_gw

Will this large, RED cabinet work in my space?

olivesmom
11 years ago

I have always loved this cabinet from Crate and Barrel

I never had a spot for it until our leaning wall mirror bit the dust when we were moving it to make place for our Christmas tree. Here's where I would place it in our living room. I marked it with the post it's.

I was worried that it might overwhelm the space, but seeing how DH just installed a new behemoth television, I think it might be okay. The living room isn't large, but it is a two story room with windows at the second level. The room doesn't have much furniture as the sectional takes up most of the space, plus I have kids so less furniture works out to some extent. I could really use the storage of the cabinet though and I love the red color.

There was a tall tree house plant in the corner next to where the cabinet will go. I might put it back there, but I think I would rather replace it with a big fern on a stand as I think tropical plants really don't fit with our decor.

So what do you think about the big red cabinet?

(Please ignore the fact that the fireplace is completely awful. I hope to replace the tile when we redo the kitchen backspash and hopefully I can redo the mantle then too. The carpet is scheduled to be replaced as well. And if you are wondering, the baseboards are being replaced with larger white painted ones...baby steps)

Comments (27)