SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Fourth of July Food, Family and Fireworks.

annie1992
14 years ago

We all went to Amanda's for a cookout on Independence Day. She was involved in an accident the day before, she was turning into the hayfield to take David a cold drink, he was baling hay. A guy on a motorcycle was driving way too fast, popped over a small hill and broadsided her. Her Blazer is totalled, he took the back axle about a foot back, bent the frame, the driveshaft was sitting on the ground under the Blazer. He was very lucky, he "only" broke his leg in 6 places, and broke his wrist. Bruvver was with her, he just shrugged it off and told the ambulance driver "I fine". Amanda got an ambulance ride and a couple of hours on a backboard with a neck immobilization device because her neck and back hurt. Whiplash, apparently.

Anyway, she didn't feel like going anywhere so everyone brought something, we all bought fireworks and went to her house.

I'm far from a "food stylist", but I took pictures of the food anyway! We did burgers on the grill, along with some venison steaks:

{{gwi:1540563}}

Elery put a pork butt in the smoker and we made pulled pork:

{{gwi:1540564}}

My mother brought brownies:

{{gwi:1540565}}

We had chips and nachos, I made a veggie pizza and some dill cottage cheese bread:

{{gwi:1540566}}

I made a pitcher of Sangria with Moscato, fresh pineapple and apricots and diet gingerale, one of the neighbors brought a blender and made margaritas, a couple of the guys made a beer run.

My mother put up some decorations:

{{gwi:1540567}}

My nephew brought some bottle rockets and the kids all took a seat, including Bruvver and his cousin, Tommy, who found comfortable places in the Tonka trucks and watched the fireworks:

{{gwi:1540568}}

It was altogether a perfect Independence Day, the family safe and together, good food and cold beer, things to set on fire and blow up, LOL.

Happy 4th of July.

Annie

Comments (19)