SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeryn

Photos-open ceiling how to keep closet light out of bedroom?

jeryn
14 years ago

Whoops, we are mid-build. I was one dim-bulb & am about to burn out over this! We will have a 16' red fir vaulted ceiling that spans over our bedroom & closet. A 9-foot wall separates the rooms so the entire ceiling area will be visible. My main concern: how to light the closet without waking DH? We will light the entire ceiling with some cans, not sure how many yet. WeÂll also have accent lights around the perimeter of the ceiling and lights on our bed tables. We will have a large ceiling fan on the beam that we were not intending to light. WeÂll have ceiling light(s) focused on a corner fireplace. PHOTOS: http://community.webshots.com/user/foxtrotter2004 --OR--

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/574140533ZEjHOQ

The photos are of the under construction area--the photo with the smaller high windows is looking thru the 9Â wall separating the bedroom & closet. The opening on the left of the second photo is for the pocket door into the closet. The total area is 21 X 27. Bedroom is 19 X 21; Closet area is 8 X 21.

Could eyeball cans focused down on the closet keep the light out of the bedroom? Would they have enough "reach"? Rail lights might work but they seem to each have 2 rods, 1 thick & one thin and I might need two units (4 rods)Âmight look odd? IÂve also thought about pendants with 3 lights on the bar. Possibly using 2 or 3 of these so IÂd have 2-3 rods hanging down. IÂm not thrilled with seeing a bunch of rods from the bedroom. I donÂt need high-end lighting in the closet but I do need the visible rods to be bronze colored. And I do need adequate lighting for the 8 X 21 space.

I like what IÂve read on the Forum about the Cree lights, except for the price, we live in CA so we need reliably dimmable lights. Well, actually, when DH sees the price of the Crees I wonÂt have to worry about waking him with the closet lightsÂIlluminating ideas appreciated! jer

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022