SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Can you work magic on my bedroom? I've got Photos!

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

Currently my bedroom is painted a lovely terra-cotta color, the one tall wall is a very dark green and the window wall is rock, ok, so it's not rock, it wallpaper. Would like to keep it because I still really like it. If it is offensive, go ahead and tell me, I can tear it down. But that wall really benefited from that wallpaper when we put it up. really.

Ok, so my head has been spinning around. First, I wanted to do the room in a deep dark purple. I was afraid of losing the black bed in the paint though. I thought with the right lamps, end tables, and bedding I could pull it off. But there was just too much resistance from my dh and I have decided that it is just too wild and over the top. I think if we were to sell this house, people might be able to accept all my other decorating, but a dark purple master bedroom could be the most frightening thing of all. So, I've bagged this idea.

Next idea.

The wall behind the bed, and the wall behind the dresser: BM Wasabi

The dark green wall: BM Weimaramer

And then the biggie: the ceiling--BM Silhoutte

Here are the colors:

wasabi:

Weimaramer

silhouette

If there is anyone who has the time, patience and generosity out there who might be able to photoshop those colors into the photo(s) I would be so grateful.

I'm thinking the alcove (that is terra-cotta right now) would just be the same as the Weimaramer wall.

Ok, so back to my saga, Saturday I wanted to go get the paint for the ceiling so my dh could paint during the week, he is leaving for a trip on Friday. I thought that I could work on the walls while he was gone. He doesn't want to do the ceiling that dark. So maybe a little lighter? I just love the dark drama.

Monday came, I revisited one of my favorite inspiration photos, that cream/white bedroom. Still can't figure out if that would look right in a room with a tall ceiling, or would it look cold. Not sure.

So, today I went to BM again, I still love the Wasabi combo.

Now it's your turn. Tell me what you think. Lots of pics in case any photoshop experts prefer one over another.

The bed is staying. I might be able to convince my dh to finally let me do something with that dresser, maybe darken it up. I will be adding different end tables (I just dragged that tall one over last night because I gave my dd mine for her summer apartmnent).

Here are the photos of the room, don't be frightened. Behind the one door is the bathroom. The closet door is behind the door that is open.

view from door

Well, aren't you brave, you made it to the bottom of the post! Sorry for how long it was. (those are paint chips over my bed!)

Comments (27)