SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachelellen_gw

My husband got me an ice cream maker!!

rachelellen
15 years ago

O.k., o.k., perhaps it wasn't as selfless a gift as the sewing machine he bought me recently, as he does love ice cream, but it was still sweet because he bought me an older, worn, wooden bucket thingy (though electric), which suits my taste more than a spanking new one.

Anyway, it came with a few recipes, but my experiences with recipes included with products is that there are better ones out there.

I am something of a stick in the mud. I like vanilla, French vanilla, and vanilla with various combinations of caramel or chocolate swirls, toffee bits, chocolate chips....whatever.

My husband loves any kind of ice cream.

I did have some home made strawberry and home made peach ice cream once, and loved them, so I suspect that my antipathy towards fruit ice creams has more to do with the fake flavorings in store bought.

I would like a really good vanilla & French vanilla recipe, a good chocolate one (perhaps with instructions on how to get strips of rich chocolate syrup swirled through?) and a good, basic fruit recipe that I can adapt to whatever is ripe and good.

And any other recipes that you just love. For ice cream or for other ice cream maker desserts.

Comments (9)