SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyboop999_gw

Need counter help right away - Peppercorn cabs & espresso floors

BettyBoop999
10 years ago

Hi. I've just joined this site after spending many many hours perusing your posts for help with my kitchen. I'm so stuck, I'm now pleaing directly for your help. I have already purchased Kraftmaid quartersawn cherry cabinets in peppercorn stain (espresso color but with some hint of underlying red due to the cherry). My floors will be a espresso stained maple (already installed and partially stained). Which I had gone with lighter cabinets, but cabinets and floors are a done deal. My kitchen in is an end unit townhouse, which I have opened it up to the rest of house, installed a huge additional window and installed plenty of additional lighting. My style is contemporary (definitely East coast girl rather than Mid-west). I do like the organic contemporary look and plan to have a mix of espresso, browns, creams and greys in the house. I had planned to do the carrera backsplash with white quartz counters. I have purchased Meram Blanc and Meram Carrara 12x24" tiles for BS but they are returnable. Here's my angst list: Worried this look is becoming overdone, worried too cool or modern, and the biggie is that I hate that my island cabs and perimeter cabs are the same (long saga led me to that). If I do same counters, then the island looks exactly like the perimeter, and I think that is kind of boring. I wanted two toned cabs, but the colors and layout of my kitchen just didn't allow me to work that out well; no changing this aspect now. All I can do now if vary the counters. So I've contemplated combination of white (will do on either perim or island; both would be boring), black (like that looks like furniture with peppercorm cabs but maybe too dark given dark cabs and floor too), grey (goes great with marble BS but tone not great with peppercorn cabs. I do not really want granite as I think it is dated and too busy given carrera BS, marble on counters impractical, so I am planning on quartz. I've considered Viatera Magnolia (I think similar to CS Organic White), Cambrian Black, and some solid greys from various brands. I will post my pics now. My reno is now behind because I am stuck on the counters. We've been without a kitchen for 4 weeks!!! Please help.

Comments (17)