SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maven1975

Miele 4840, Kenmore HE5T, Samsung 448 - Your thoughts?

maven1975
14 years ago

Hello,

So after getting a fantastic deal on a Fisher & Paykel set, they have died again within a month. I guess I am not destined to own that brand.

So, I went to the local Great Indoors and looked around again.

The Miele was out of my range originally, but the have an open box 9820 dryer for $699. Also, they have the pedestals at 250, and the 4840 at 1729. Total is 3100 out the door.

Also, the Kenmore HE5T is on a fantastic sale tomorrow. Friends and family discount 20% + and additional 10%. The total on these with the steam dryer, washer without steam and pedestals is 2579.

The Samsung 448 set is about the same price as the Kenmore, but I have read there are issues with soap/bleach dispenser automatically dumping before the delay start begins. I am just not sure about these. I hear great things, but I heard great things about my Duets that were 3.5 years old with 7 service calls as well.

So, are the Mieles worth the extra 650? I read that they are not ideal for upstairs because of vibration issues. Have they fixed this? I will be installing them in a single level home on the slab. However, in the future, I would not want to be blocked from using them in another multi level home.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH