SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liz_and_kris

Master Bedroom Lighting in Craftsman Home

liz_and_kris
14 years ago

Hello,

We are redoing the lighting upstairs in our 1923 craftsman bungalow. We're putting in a few recessed cans (mostly because of headroom--my 6'7" fiance would hit his head on any protruding light fixtures).

Our master bedroom is L shaped--shaped approximately as follows (please excuse my MS Paint skills). We are currently planning on having two can lights plus a two-light sconce over the bed for reading (shown in yellow on the drawing). The overhead lights will be on one switch with a dimmer (3 way--one switch by the door and one next to the bed) and the sconce will be on a separate switch with a dimmer (also next to the bed). Is this going to be enough light? Is there a better configuration?

This is the sconce we are getting for over the bed (although ours will be in a dark brass finish)--it's from the Framburg Fin de Siecle line.

{{!gwi}}

I guess I'm just not sure from a lighting design standpoint if we're going to have enough light in the bedroom or if the recessed cans we're putting in are going to be enough. We could always put a floor lamp in the corner by the dresser as well. Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas?

Thank you!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths