SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dragonfly717

Where to start! Help with Lighting . . Pics Included.

dragonfly717
16 years ago

I have been reading sooooo many posts trying to education myself on the lighting of my kitchen remodel. Today, at the suugestion of my BIL, I went to a lighting supplier/showroom. None of the employees even said hello. So, I am back online trying to figure this out.

I believe that I may be overcomplicating things in my mind. SO i hope someone out there (John1270 and others) could steer me in the right direction.

The entire "great room" is now painted a soft, blue-grey. There is the main window in the kitchen (shown) and the dining room is adjacent to the kitchen, which has two sliding glass doors beyond it. The ceiling slopes from 9' above the kitchen window to 10' above the middle of the penisula to 10.5' at the highest point (above the dining room area). I find the the whiter lights DEFINETLY look better with the white painted cabinets, the light blue, abd the stainless apps. My granite countertops will be Labrador Antique, which is a brown-grey with BLUE/teal inclusions. I want to make sure that there is ambient lighting, and task. I am leaning away from using pendant over the penisula, we are really enjoying the openess of the space. We have glass uppers (with glass shelves too) so in-cabinet lighting is a great option too!

ANY THOUGHTS!! It's been dark in here for a week now. NEED LIGHT :-) WE really appreciate any help out there!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES