SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw

(sigh) Spice Rack ?

sooz
11 years ago

Hi, Everyone! I read the "How do you store a LARGE collection of spices?" thread that was started in 2008, with the most recent post in Aug of 2012, and I need some input please! The thread is here: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg02124116986.html

I'd like to have something along the lines of the photo Jo Ann posted on that thread, and the cupboard in wall that Kristi posted on the same thread.

Location is my enemy! My kitchen doesn't have an island, a pantry, extra space between anything, or an option for emptying out a drawer etc, and from what I can tell, the "cross braces" (?) between the studs on the inside of the stucco walls would get in the way of a true cupboard-in-the-wall placement.

My option is, I think, to have DH build me one, much like Jo Ann's hubby built for her, but instead of putting it on the back of a door, it would be affixed to a wall and stick out a bit and it would have a door on it.

One photo is of our little old fashioned laundry "room" in our circa 1940s-50s home, and the kitchen doorway is to the left. It looks yellowish, but it's really painted white. I'd have to put the spice rack above the light switches. Good thing I'm tall !

The link is below from amazon and it's what I'm thinking it would look like, sorta, but with a door on it.

I'm open to suggestions and ideas about how to do this--hubby is sorta handy, and does best with directions. :O)

Thanks!!!!

Smiles,
Sooz

Here is a link that might be useful: Example, but put a door on it

Comments (13)