SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenjenfoofoo

LG vs Duet's internal heater

16 years ago

I pretty much have narrowed down my washer/dryer selection to an LG or the Duet. My question is one that I haven't been able to have answered with confidence by salespeople, so I turn to you all, as I trust your information and knowledge.

I do not need a lot of bells and whistles, but my 12 year old Asko is being replaced due to our remodel. I am excited about having a washer that is big enough to wash everything in our house! (Asko 8005 has only a 1.59 cubit foot capacity!!)

My main question is whether or not both models heat the water to a specific temperature for regular loads. My laundry is in an area of the house that takes a long time to receive hot water from the water heater. It is important to me that the washer I choose will heat all loads to the correct temperature, rather than just the sanitary load. I have gotten conflicting answers from various salespeople when I ask this question and I have read conflicting statements from posters on this forum. Does anyone have the definitive answer to this?

Comments (21)