SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

My new furniture (phase 1) has arrived!

Sueb20
12 years ago

We went on a big furniture-buying spree in December (I have no idea what got into DH!) and the first installment has arrived! These are two pieces from Stickley that I had been lusting after for a couple of years. Both are in my LR.

Bookcase

and

TV stand

Lousy pic:

Close up:

You can see in the pic above what is bugging me about the TV stand. The holes in the back are convenient for wires, but they're so big! In the lower right, clearly I need to just put some more books in there or something to hide that big jumble of cords. (If I let them fall behind the console, then the console has to be pulled out from the wall, which I don't want to do. So that's easy enough. Same with the lower left -- I can put more stuff in there to hide that hole. But how about the hole behind the DVD player (top left)? I can't really pile anything on top of the DVD player, so how to "hide" that hole? (BTW I know many normal people would not care about this.) Maybe I can find a couple of same-size books to put under the DVD player? That seems hokey but it's the only thing I have thought of so far.

Tomorrow, my new woven wood blinds are arriving for my kitchen/family room. Hopefully within the next few weeks, we also have two new chairs arriving. As you can imagine, each delivery/arrival is/will be accompanied by a frenzy of cleaning, rearranging, etc...

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County