SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kgsmom_gw

6 years later....

kgsmom
11 years ago

thought I'd post a pic of my kitchen 6 years later :-) A REAL pic of how it looks day to day :-) definitely not a trophy kitchen, the space is well loved and well used, just as i hoped it would be. In beginning, I cleaned my viking (still my favorite thing in the kitchen) every day but that gave way to real life and now I just wipe up big spills daily and on Fridays, I give the cooktop a good cleaning. But even that isn't written in stone...if things are busy, I'll put it off a day or two without a thought. Things I'd wish Id done differently? Honestly not much. I wish I'd gotten the double wide griddle on my viking range as I found we use it way more than I thought we would and almost never use all 6 burners...coulda easily done with 4 and the double griddle space instead. Other that that, wish I'd made the pantry a few inches wider..I didn't realize how much space I would lose doing built-ins in inset cabinets. Still love the colors and my appliance choices, still love my soapstone (chips and all!) and still love the design. The ability to create this kitchen came to us in the form of an inheritance from my beloved dad. I still miss him like crazy, I still would trade this beautiful kitchen for him sitting there in my tiny old kitchen, asking me what I had for a little nosh and still think of him daily with a silent thank you. so for those of you just starting out or who are in the middle of reno craziness - go with what you love and I'll bet you too will be able to check in 6 years later still loving it :-)

Comments (24)