SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Has Anyone Seen This IRL? Idea for Study Wall

User
11 years ago

My home office was used as a schoolroom during our youngest son' s middle school years. He was home schooled and he and I traveled all over the world, literally, during that time before he went away to boarding school. Over the bookcase I had a large world map that was very helpful academically and it was colorful and happy. The rest of the walls were taken up with travel posters, and prints from places we'd been (Alaska, Rome, Japan, England) that I framed to give to him when he moves into his own place. I kept the schoolroom as it was for years, out of sentiment (I admit it, he's the baby). He is now a junior in college and the map---never framed, just pinned to the wall--- is faded. I came across these things, which I think are silk screened on plexiglass and they appealed to me immediately. I'm thinking I could order 9 of these to be mounted three three by three, which would mostly cover the wall above the 5 foot bookcase. They have a box frame on the back so they float from the wall. This is how we had our travel posters mounted--- pasted to a board that had a frame on the back making them project about an inch from the wall.

Anyway, I will post pix of the room when I get the file cabinets switched out, just wanted initial impressions. It's a lot to pay for plexiglass, but they are colorful and very different, and I couldn't put an oil painting in there anyway unless I wanted to ditch the travel posters, which I do not.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plexiglass Book Thingies

Comments (22)