SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polarprincess

Ugggh... chemo really sucks

polarprincess
15 years ago

I started on august 25th, had 2 cycles which were absolutely horrible, then had a 4 week break before radiation which was truly the worst hell of my life, then had another 4 week break before starting chemo again. That cycle i was given a 25% reduction, and it went really well, but now I am back on the 100% dose this week, and it has been tough- terrible neuropathy, hands and feet tingle and hurt, can't drink or touch anything cold.. i feel queasy and like i have been hit by a train. Emotionally when i am on the chemo breaks i am fine and positive and feel normal, but man when i am on this crap i feel depressed and wonder what i did to deserve to have this at 42 years old. If you are healthy, please count your blessings and take care of yourself. I have no family history of cancer let alone colon cancer and am a dietitian and always have eaten the right things.. i would have told you a year ago that i would never ever get cancer.. i just knew it would never happen to me. Boy was i wrong. My last treatment is february 23rd, and the end of that cycle is officially march 8th, My birthday is march 9th. What an awesome bday present this year!!

Comments (25)