SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncamy_gw

White kitchen that won't sell- $308 Update with tons of pics

ncamy
15 years ago

You spoke and I listened....I was serious about not having the money to update so I very carefully and selectively shopped. Over a period of 2 months we DIY'd a few minor changes that I hope will make the difference. The total cost of our updates...$308! Even I am surprised that we were able to make such a dramatic change for such little money. My Ebay and internet bargains include: 1.5 inch brushed nickel knobs for $0.80 each, two light fixtures for $30 each (including shipping), main sink pull down faucet $80 and prep sink $30 (again including shipping), and then the rest was spent on paint and accessories. I also removed one of the bar stools, the bird clock, all of the blue accessories, and neutralized the glass front cabinet to display only clear glass, pewter, and mostly white china. The color we painted was a deeper gold than what was there previously and it does make the molding pop plus it blends well with the gold tones that we have in the adjoining living room. If I had another $40-50 I would get another picture for over the little wooden chest, but for now I've used something I already had. Although it is an original piece of art, it is intended as a nursery piece, but what the heck...it was the right colors and I already had it. I think it looks better there than the "formal" bird print that was previously there. Plus the bird print had too much blue in it. So here it is folks....my $308 update!!!!

Before:

After:

Comments (74)