SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Wall color for hallway? Opens to other colors

caroline94535
15 years ago

The main hallway runs from the kitchen (perpendicular with the living room) and ends with the doors to the office, bath-, sewing-, and living rooms. It's about 14' long, 4' and 6' wide.

As you look down the hallway from the yellow kitchen, you can see directly into the deep red office, the Lilac Vapor glowing from the sewing room, and the living room (which will be a greyed sage). The bath room is stark black and white, but the door is usually partially closed. The three doors are all white; the living room doorway is open.

The office, sewing room and hallway all have the original white oak floors in a medium non-descript brown color. The living room will have the same floor, if it's worth restoring. The kitchen floor will be ???

I want to paint the hallway. I'm considering the Benjamin Moore "Rich Creme" color. Can you suggest something that will work will all these different colors, add some brightness to the hall, and keep all the colors happily separated?

For the past 30+ years I've lived in college dorms, military barracks, military housing, small apartments, and various places where I could not paint. Once we bought this house I decided I wanted every color. Perhaps someday (very doubtful) I'll tone down the Disney-on-Steroids color scheme, but for now I'm loving it.

I think I need a rich neutral in the hall. I appreciate any advice you can offer.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County