Houzz Logo Print
joanem2

Question about doubling a recipe

18 years ago

I am going to try using my crockpot for the first time and I picked the recipe that Pat T posted the other day. I want to double it but I am wondering if I should double the soy sauce. It seems to be the only liquid but I am thinking that a half a cup of soy sauce might be too much. What do you experts think? Here is the original recipe.

CROCKPOT CHINESE PEPPER STEAK

1-1/2 lbs. steak (any cheap cut)

2 Tblsp. vegetable oil

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce

1 tsp. sugar

1 cup bean sprouts

1 cup tomatoes, diced

2 green peppers, sliced in strips

1 Tblsp. cornstarch

2 Tblsp. water

1 large onion, cut in chunks

Cut steak in strips. Brown steak in oil. Mix garlic, salt, soy sauce, and sugar; pour over steak. Cook 6 hours on low in crockpot. Turn to high and add sprouts, tomatoes, green peppers, and onion. Dissolve cornstarch in water and add for thickening. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve over hot cooked rice.

Comments (6)