SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamalinda_gw

Wall heater not working

mamalinda
10 years ago

Hello,

Last spring our wall heater started to not work well. It would run ok about half the time, but the other half it would not ignite when the temp dropped below the thermostat setting - say the thermostat was set for 65, the room temp would get down to 64 and then 63 etc. and the heater would not come on. However, if we manually upped the thermostat temp up and up and up the heater would eventually ignite and then we could set the thermostat back at its original setting. Then, we turned the heater off (including the pilot) for the summer.

We just turned it back on last week and it ran fine for the first few days. Then it started doing the same thing again where we'd have to manually up the thermostat until the heater would ignite and then we could put it back down.

But now, for the past two days, it won't come on at all.

I've replaced the batteries in the thermostat and looked at all the wiring - nothing seems to be loose or breaking.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be and if it's something I might fix myself?

I've included a picture of the inside of the heater for identification purposes. The thermostat is a LUX TX500.

Thanks so much!

Linda

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH