SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dekester

Planning to install stacked W&D in a tight space - hints?

deke
16 years ago

Hello All,

Weeks away from a new space for a Miele 1215 and 1415 stacked. If you are familiar with Miele's brouchure, it will be in a very similar sort of closet arrangement with the barest clearance on the side. The issue here is just how the heck does one hook up the dryer vent when you can't get behind it? The dryer vent will run from the dryer to the floor then through the floor and run along the basement ceiling to an existing vent. It's not a long run, so that's okay. The only way I can picture this working is to use a flexible metal vent from the dryer down to or even through the floor. That will allow me to use smooth metal material in the basement. However, if I use flexible venting behind the dryer, it has to be longer than needed in order to hook it up then slide back the dryer - right? If so, are there risks of it binding? Miele's manual shows a net arrangement with a flexible gasket - you have this set up to the exact location and just slide the dryer back and the vent connects. Sounds great, but with leveling and other things just how do you know the exact height to do all this?

Instead of asking so many dumb questions, can anyone with experience help me here please with your techniques? We will be getting everything ready for the delivery and I want to avoid surprises.

Thanks in advanced!

Comment

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH