SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
inspiredisabel

Feeling *inspired*! Decoupage wall...

inspiredisabel
13 years ago

I must say that I am feeling like trying so many more things in my house since finding these forums! I started on the kitchen forums a week ago - my kitchen remodel will begin in Feb. But then I started reading the home decorating forums and ideas are blooming!! So thanks for that!!

I have a long ignored hallway upstairs. We have lived here for 6.5 years but this is the house my husband grew up in. The wallpaper that is there I have tried everything to remove and it's stuck like crazy! So I am thinking of painting over it and trying this...

I only want to do this one section of wall and will paint the others (very small hallway). I still need to paint those built ins on the left. It's the wall you see when coming up the stairs and I think it would be a nice focal and have big impact. What do you think? Has anyone tried this before? I have been reading up on techniques online and yesterday I went to 2 different antique shops gathering various old books of poetry, sheet music, old black and white photograph postcards, etc.

Comments (7)