SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imannym

Need more heat in the Bedroom!

imannym
12 years ago

We live in a two story home (cape) built in 1950. Forced hot air furnace is located on one end of the basement and the cold Master Bedroom is on the second floor on the other side of the house. There is only one return (double sided) in the house and it�s located on the bottom of the interior wall on the first floor. There are no returns on the second floor at all. Also, the two rooms on the first floor closest to the furnace are warmer than the rest of the rooms in the house.

My plan of action:

Luckily, I have a way to bring a return up to the second floor hall placing it at the bottom of the wall and figured I would cut some holes in the bottom of the bedroom doors and cover them with louvers. They�re flat panel doors so cutting a large enough rectangle hole in them is easy enough. Also, I was thinking of install Dampers on the two ducts supplying the rooms on the first floor that are always the warmest.

Please! If someone has a better idea kindly share it with or in your opinion if my plan sounds like it will work let me know. - Thanks

Comments (6)