SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trekaren

Advice: Who here has dealt with the four-letter word (lice)?

trekaren
15 years ago

Hi old pals, been a while. I need advice, and I know you all are moms from all walks of life, from new moms to veterans.

If you have dealt with lice, you may know my mental state at the moment, sigh.

So here's my dilemma. I have been fighting them for so long that now, I feel like I'm seeing them where there aren't any. I am wondering at this point if my poor daughter simply has dandruff from all the constant shampooing and combing.

I have done EVERYTHING to get rid of them, and I have not seen anything alive in weeks. But I still do my DAILY check. And now I fear I'm seeing things. Right now, I only see them on her part on top of her head, and they aren't so much round little teeny things but flakes mixed with some that you might call round. But not as blatantly 'nitty' as what I used to see.

So the question is: If you were me, would you make an appointment with the pediatrician if only to get an expert to take a look and say, yep it's dandruff, go home :-)

My husband is no help - he hasn't been able to see the darn things at all during this whole time. His eyes are just not able to see things that small.

Thanks very much in advance to my "KT Support Group" for helping me thru my second guessing. I have googled and people scoff at posters who ask questions like "how to tell difference between lice and dandruff" but until you've been through it yourself, you can't understand the paranoia and phobia you develop.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022