SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

Homeowners Assn Nasty Letter

solstice98
16 years ago

I'm the first to admit my garden always has some weeds, but I was shocked to receive one of those horrible letter from my homeowners association telling me my garden was unkempt and needed to be weeded and 'cut back'. My closest neighbors thought I was kidding when I told them - until I showed them the letter. Honestly, does this look so bad? I've spent the last couple days weeding the most obvious stuff like the edges of the borders and I have 6 yards of mulch coming tomorrow to cover up the rest. (First, a little Roundup in a few spots.) These pictures were all taken before any weeding was done. I really suspect the 'inspector' doesn't know much about cottage style gardens and he thinks my native plants and butterfly plants are all weeds! Is that possible?

I know it isn't perfect but I don't think it rated the 'we can take legal action if you don't attend to it in 10 days' letter. I think it's pretty and the butterflys and hummingbirds love it. There are neighbors who tell me they always walk by the garden just to see what's blooming. That hardly sounds like I'm being offensive!

Good thing he couldn't see the pot ghetto!!!

I don't know if I should laugh or cry or dig it all up and plant grass.

Weedy, Unkempt (i.e. Wild?) Kate

Comments (60)