SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baseballmom94_gw

Front Loader or Whirlpool Cabrio -- Need Advice

baseballmom94
15 years ago

My current 13 year old Maytag washer is working fine but the lid is being eaten away by rust and the rust chips are starting to fall into the washer. I had my mind set on getting a new front load washer like everyone else seems to be buying but after talking to several friends and researching this topic on the internet, the reviews seemed mixed. Some people love the front loaders and some hate them.

I do not want a high maintenance washer and am concerned about a lot of the problems I hear about with front loaders. Also, the fact that most people end up buying the pedestals drives the cost up as well and makes the area to high to fold laundry on top of the washer or dryer.

I was excited to use a Whirlpool Cabrio in a beach house we recently rented but after researching it, there seems to be a lot of problems with this model as well.

Can anyone provide me with advice on which direction to go? It drives my husband crazy that it takes me so long to make a decision but I want the best quality machine that will last at least another 13 years with little hassle. Also, I feel that I should buy a high efficiency machine in order to conserve water although that is not an issue where I live (Ohio).

Thanks for any advice!!

Comments (8)