SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fivefootzero

Best time to buy furniture...and other issues.

fivefootzero
12 years ago

We're looking for bedroom furniture. Just dressers, so no "sets". I like some of the stuff at Pottery Barn and have close friends who are very happy with their purchase from there as well. A big plus is that it will work in our space. We have a white Pottery Barn bed that will be staying so I want stained items. The Pottery Barn dressers would work in our space. We have slanted ceilings since we are on the top floor, so space is limited. We also put most clothing in our dressers...we have a VERY small closet, which is also the entrance to our attic so I consider that space useless. Just wondering when the sales are. I can't swallow paying over $4k for 4 dressers. Those are Ethan Allen prices...but I didn't find anything at Ethan Allen that I liked AND that would work in my space. I did find some cherry items at another store, but again, for 4 pieces, we're talking close to $6k. As someone who has had Ikea dressers for the past 15 years, thats a huge chunk to swallow. I know, you get what you pay for, and we have gone to EVERY store in our area. We're talking from Bob's to Ethan Allen to Bassett to Broyhill. I just want to be able to have more storage than we have now, and I'm just not finding it, at either end of the spectrum.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Comments (24)