SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tolachi

Request for input on modest 150sqft layout

tolachi
11 years ago

This is a 150sqft kitchen in a ~750sqft San Francisco Victorian. The current kitchen is a dilapidated mess so I am starting from scratch. I would like a modern appealing kitchen that does not conform to my own taste too much to not be more generically appealing. I am on a tight budget and at some point this will probably be a rental. Thus, I am tentatively using as much Ikea as possible. Tragic, but so is penury. The kitchen would be used by 2 people except in the case of the occasional larger event. I enjoy cooking a lot but rarely have time to do so extravagantly at this point.

In the lower left hand corner is an open entrance the the living room and the rest of the house. In the lower right hand corner is a door that leads outside to a small patio space. On the wall of the upper R hand corner will be an on demand water heater or more cabinets if it can be placed outside. On the L wall the narrow pull out cabine is intended to contain containers for trash/compost/recycling. Current plan is to place the microwave above the fridge.

I am primarily interested in feedback on layout as it will affect workflow in the kitchen. Placement of fridge, sink, stove etc.. anything can be changed. I love a functional kitchen space that also engenders good social interactions. I realize that some elements of the layout aren't fully detailed, but I wanted to get feedback on what I thought was a reasonable model to work with.

TIA for your comments. I can post additional views if wanted and answer any questions.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)