SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlesa_gw

Question regarding Kitchen Vent Hood

charlesa
16 years ago

First off I would like to say that although we just joined, this site has been quite helpful to both my wife and myself over the last few weeks. We have just taken possession of our new house which we are renovating over the next few months before moving in.

Thanks to the discussions here, we have decided to go with a BlueStar 60" rangetop with 6 burners, griddle and grill. We are a large family (5 children) and the kitchen is always being used. We will be going with a double wall oven but not yet decided (she wants the thermador, but I am convinced we can find better. I personally would want to go with a gas oven based on what I have learned here).

My question would be what those of you with experience would consider as a good vent. So far we were told to only consider the ventahood, a 60" model, 27" deep, with an outdoor 1500CFM motor. I have spoken with the distributor here in Montreal and also with one across the border in NY state. When we visited the BlueStar showroom here in Montreal we saw the Wind Crest model the same distributor sells. I must admit that it was very quiet, but the motor was a significant distance away. This unit is about 25% more expensive. Both these brands are quite expensive, but given we will be using the grill quite often I want to make sure we get a good unit that will be well matched to the rangetop. Any input is much appreciated.

We are also changing all windows, redoing floors, adding 2 full bathrooms (1 being a new master) redoing the outside brick, and a small extension in the backÂso you will be seeing us on other forums here.

Comments (4)