SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkmailhold

Bryant 266A vs 288A Heat Pump

junkmailhold
14 years ago

I'm shopping for a complete Hybrid heat pump system and I've already got the sizing down... I need a 5 ton Heat Pump with a 132K Btu Furnace.

I have 4 quotes where 2 dealers are quoting the 266A Heat Pump being more expensive than the 288A and the other 2 have it reversed (the 288A is more than the 266A). In all cases, the heat pump will be paired with a 315 Variable Speed furnace and Evolution Thermostat.

I need to know if the Bryant Preferred Series 266A Heat Pump has the same Evolution features that the 288A Heat Pump has if paired with an Evolution Thermostat. I ask because the 266A is in their Preferred Series and the 288A is in their evolution series, but from all the specs I've read, it looks like in the 5-ton versions, the 266A is better than the 288A in all aspects (noise, efficiency, etc.) and both have the same two-stage scroll compressor.

I'm trying to figure out if I'll be missing any features by going with the 266A vs the 288A. Does anyone familiar with Bryant equipment have any idea?

Thanks in advance...

Comments (9)