SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Maybe my kitchen was timeless after all!

mtnrdredux_gw
13 years ago

I had the funniest thing happen yesterday. We live in CT and I took a trip to Westchester County to pick out countertops. The place only does wood and metals.

Anyway, I walk into the showroom, and there are a dozen or so very large photos mounted and displayed on the wall. One of them has the zinc counter I saw on the internet somewhere and had told my GC about.

But, right under the zinc one, is a large photo of my OLD kitchen, in NJ!! ABout 8 years ago I put an 18' long cherry counter in my kitchen. They still have the photo on display!

Too funny, I never heard of this place before ... my prior GC must have chose them.

PS for the question that comes up all the time, the answer is --- i loved the wood. It was in the galley part of my kitchen, and the opposite side counter run was granite, where i had the sink and range. I would use the wood side for just about anything, but did not chop on it. Wiped it up w water. Still looks great after 8 years, and I have a 7,8 and 11 yo. Used oil on it every 3 months or so... Especially perfect place to set out a buffet, with the undercounter lights adding to the ambience.

Here is a link that might be useful: my 18' cherry counter

Comments (8)