SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Mudroom almost finished; 2 pics; wordy

caroline94535
16 years ago

We're almost finished with the mud/laundry room...

The cabinets above the washer and dryer have to be painted and rehung; the Mission light fixture has to be wired in, the floor sealed, and cabinet hardware chosen. Cup pulls?

The basement landing floor will be replaced with whatever we use in the kitchen. Hardwood, hopefully.

The trim around the kitchen opening, to the right, will be removed, and all the other woodwork in the area will be "Butter White." The basement door will have trim work, too! The plumber is going to reset the faucets in the correct order, too.

The mess in the lower right corner is all the paint and construction supplies set on a portable table.

What we began with...

We didn't know the condition of the floors until we had closed on the house and saw it empty for the first time.

DH pulled the paneling out of the mudroom, bedroom, and both their closets. This left tears in the drywall and exposed long streaks of black paint the previous owners had used to hide the gaps between the paneling.

The mauve indoor-outdoor carpet and stick-on tiles were pulled up; the sub-floor prepared for the new 20-inch porcelain tile; the walls repaired, skin-coated, and painted; the ceiling painted; the wiring brought up off the floor, and up to code, new outlets and switches installed; the dryer vent put through the wall; the new cabinet and sink put in, and DH hung a door to the basement stairs.

See the plastic framed mirror over the old vanity? It "opened" to reveal a medicine cabinet. The lights had button switches at the ends of the "spikes". I ALMOST kept this piece of 1960s "art" to see if I could paint, restore, and reuse it in some strange fashion. Then, I decided that even I am not that weird, so we junked it.

It went to the "Free" table set up at the entrance to the local Landfill; some one actually took it. More power to them.

Comments (12)