SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imagination2_gw

Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe gone missing

Imagination2
10 years ago

I use to have the (Meatless) Stuffed Peppers Recipe card and the Minestrone Recipe card from Easy Everyday Cooking. They both were lost in the last move and I can't seem to find them anywhere......PLEASE HELP!!! If you know the recipe or have the cards, can you please pass it along.
Thank you so much!

Comments (36)

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

A quick search on Everyday Cooking Cards shows that they've been mentioned three times on this site, each time by a brand new poster who has somehow lost a card. The other two times the OP never returned to the thread. Sorry if my implication is wrong, Imagination2, but it would be nice to see you come back and post again before people take the time to help you out.

• User
    10 years ago

Seem like these cards have been out there for enough time for someone to have scanned and posted them somewhere.

After all, they are cards, which are easy to scan.

• Imagination2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I did research online for quite a while last night however, I could not find the exact recipe. I figured I would join this website and forum as everyone seems so nice. I didn't expect to get such a curt response. I'd like to think that there are others out there that wouldn't mind "taking the time to help someone out". I know if I had the chance to make someones day a little better, I'd do it. I will take my apron and utensils elsewhere.
    Thank you.

• User
    10 years ago

Imagination2, I looked on line last night too and couldn't find the recipes that you were looking for.

My suggestion would be for you to contact another new member, Pat68green who apparently also collects Everyday cooking Recipe cards. She/he was missing A Potato recipe. .

Maybe you will be able to help each other with the recipes that you are both missing.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

~Ann

• pkramer60
    10 years ago

FOAS, you are such a charmer!

Imag, I have a meatless pepper recipe, labeled as Spanish Rice Peppers I could send you. Basically it is the rice, stuffed in the pepper and then baked. Just let me know.

And I hope you stay and ignore some of them here.

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

Whatever, Peppi, I apologized in advance in case I was wrong. But thanks for being so quick to scold, as always!

Sorry again I2!

• Teresa_MN
    10 years ago

Imagination2 - please do contact the member Ann mentions above. They may have the card you are missing. Otherwise, do you remember the basics of the recipe? I am certain that someone here has something similar.

Before you leave - might you consider giving the CF another shot?

Welcome from Minnesota! I have been a GardenWeb member for 9 years - about 3 here at the CF. Prior to that (and still) I am perusing the garden forums.

I do hope we will see more of you here,
    Teresa

• Imagination2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

FOAS - Just an FYI.....If you feel the need to apologize in advance then maybe it's something that should have been left unsaid.

Teresa_mn - Thank you! I do remember some of the ingredients.....Rice, Beef Broth, Green pepper, Onion, Corn, Salsa and shredded cheese.

I WILL take pkramers advice also. Thank you everyone.

• Imagination2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

FOAS - Just an FYI.....If you feel the need to apologize in advance then maybe it's something that should have been left unsaid.

Teresa_mn - Thank you! I do remember some of the ingredients.....Rice, Beef Broth, Green pepper, Onion, Corn, Salsa and shredded cheese.

I WILL take pkramers advice also. Thank you everyone.

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

I2 - Unfortunately there have been a lot of spammers visiting here lately. Just a couple weeks ago scores of people wished a warm welcome to a spambot. So when I saw a post that appeared to follow a small trend I unfortunately, and mistakenly, got suspicious.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stay, and I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

• Imagination2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Apology accepted! This is my first time ever joining a group or posting to a forum. It gave me a shock at the first response that I received. Glad it's behind us and hope to help each other out in the future :)

• Lars
    10 years ago

Welcome to the forum!

Do you remember any of the other ingredients in the stuffed peppers? If so, that may help sift out some of the recipes to focus in more on what you are looking for. Did they use tofu? I've only made the meat ones, and I noticed that there is a huge variety of meatless recipes, including Italian, Mexican, and Greek versions. The Italian recipe I saw reminded me of Chilies Rellenos, but the Mexican recipe did not and had corn in it.

I have to say that I generally do not watch the Everyday Cooking Show (something about the personalities that I don't like), but I've noticed that all recipes include salt and pepper and usually too much salt. You can adjust that yourself, however. BTW, stuffed peppers is one of my favorite dishes, and so I will be looking forward to seeing this recipe when it is found!

Lars

• Rusty
    10 years ago

Could this be the one?

Sounds like it could be very similar, at least,
    Even though I didn't see any beef broth in the ingredient list.

Rusty

Here is a link that might be useful: Mexican Style Vegetarian Stuffed peppers

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    10 years ago

Imagination2, welcome to the Cooking Forum.

Would love to see some of your imaginations in cooking. :-)

I can't help you with your recipes. I don't keep any recipes.

dcarch

• annie1992
    10 years ago

Another welcome to the Cooking Forum, Imagination.

I do have to admit that I was also somewhat taken aback when we had three posters all after recipes from the same set of recipe cards, but I was thinking that maybe a search popped us up because of the prior posts.

I won't be of any help with the recipes either, I looked all over the internet, so I hope you can find them.

Annie

• pkramer60
    10 years ago

Let me dig it out and I will send it. But based on the ingredients you recall, mine is not the one.

If you have any of their other cards, maybe you could contact the publisher for it.

• Lars
    10 years ago

Here's a recipe from Everyday Food, which might be similar to what you want. I also found a meatless recipe from Giada that used Orzo instead of Quinoa.

Are these similar to what you are looking for? I saw another recipe that used zucchini that looked good, and I might want to try some random recipes myself!

Lars

• mmarks28
    10 years ago

Imagination2, are you still in search of those 2 recipes? If so I have a complete set of cards and would be happy to email you them.

• Imagination2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

mmarks28,
    I haven't run across them yet but would love to see if you have the set which included the recipes!
    Thank you!!

• mmarks28
    10 years ago

Any idea what section the stuffed peppers would be in? And I have the card for Traditional Minestrone (not sure which set but it says card 6, low-fat). Let me know :)

• Imagination2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

mmarks28... I've narrowed down my lost cards and have determined that in the Category 4 - Soups and Stews,
    I'm missing card 2, 3, 6, 8, and 10. I think the minestrone card that you have might be one of the missing recipe cards that I've been looking for! Could you scan and pass along? It would be GREATLY appreciated!

• lizbeth-gardener
    10 years ago

Imagination2: If you go to the Recipe Exchange there is a person who has the stuffed peppers card and the minestrone card. The persons screen name is lanneps and she/he can be e-mailed. Hope that helps!

• mmarks28
    10 years ago

Sure, I'll be happy to find them for you! It may take me until the weekend though (stored them away when I didn't hear back). Any chance I can email them to you or do you want me to scan and upload here?

• Imagination2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Please feel free to email it if that's easier!
    Imagine3279@gmail.com
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

• mroepke
    10 years ago

mmarks28, my grandmother several years back gave me the free set of cards you get in the mail to be baited to continue buying their cards. In that set came a caramel pecan rolls (or pecan caramel) I cannot remember the exact title at the top in the ingredients you use powdered milk and you melt corn syrup, brown sugar etc in a pan for the sticky glaze. The bottom of the card told you also how to make regular cinnamon rolls. Do you happen, by chance, to have this card?? I've been lost now without it. :/

• mroepke
    10 years ago

mmarks28, my grandmother several years back gave me the free set of cards you get in the mail to be baited to continue buying their cards. In that set came a caramel pecan roll (or pecan caramel) I cannot remember the exact title at the top in the ingredients you use powdered milk and you melt caro syrup, brown sugar etc in a pan for the sticky glaze. The bottom of the card told you also how to make regular cinnamon rolls. Do you happen, by chance, to have this card?? I've been lost now without it. :/

• Monica Leachman
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I am also looking for an Easy Everyday Cooking cooking card for Korean Steak Fingers and am happy to go through the cards I have to help others with recipes for cards they may have lost.

• Dana Coffee
    5 years ago

HELP, I CANT FIND MY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES CARD..I THINK IT WAS CALLED GRANDMAS BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.

• Stacy Holden
    2 years ago

I know this dayed, but im missing my broccoli soup card and cron chowder card. does anyone have these revipes that they can share?

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I suggest you start a new post, Stacy, so more people will see your request.

• bragu_DSM 5
    2 years ago

• bragu_DSM 5
    2 years ago

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

“I suggest you start a new post, Stacy, so more people will see your request.”

And less people seeing me being a jerk! 🤣

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

😄