SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petra_il

Temporary kitchen - perfect solution :)

petra_il
16 years ago

I worried for ever how is it going to be living for a few weeks without my kitchen; not beloved but useful. And even more without a sink! Just the first day after demolition: going to bathroom sink to wash my dishes just seem inherently wrong. I had scheduled dinners at my friends and neighbors, alternating wisely so that not to overstand their kindness. I stuffed my pantry with instant soups, cans, instant mashed potatoes, fruit cups. I was ready. Not happy about it, but determined and ready.

What I didn't know ...

The best solution presented itself, I never even thought about it. There is a place, where you can spend all day in bed, they bring you food as many times as you want, no worrying about doing dishes, no living with the dust, disorder, strangers in your home .... you just need to be lucky enough to end up in the hospital for a couple of days. I ended up in an emergency room last Sunday, 4 days after the demo. (Oh, I'm ok, they caught it on time, recovery is going along, I should be home at least for floor instalation).

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!