SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Any Rooms Papered with Gertrude's Plaid by Scalamandre, in Red?

User
13 years ago

Trying to decide on a wallpaper for newly remodeled laundry room, top three choices are:

1. Gertrude's Plaid (white, pink and red big chunky plaid)

2. Oriental toile (red, white and black, Thibaut)

3. Gallery Gardens (bamboo pattern on yellow background, mfg Carleton Varney)

Does anyone have any of the above papers in their homes who would be willing to post a photo? I really like them all---

Our laundry room is adjacent to the dining room (what, you say? I said the same when we first looked at the house---whose idea was THAT?) so I have smartened it up in order to leave the door open. It is directly across the hall from the kitchen, so we made it into a sort of laundry cum butler's pantry. I had built ins put in that are the only thing visible when you walk by the door, the shelves hold all manner of vases---glass, ceramic, silver, etc., so it looks pretty. (Also makes vases accessible) Cabinetry white to match kitchen, black granite countertops, beadboard backsplash, undercounter w/d, etc., etc., like every other one but I was out of new ideas and it does look fresh. We had heart pine on floor and good molding and fenestration already. Put in deep stainless sink with commercial sprayer that has proved incredibly handy---for everything from washing a dog to washing extra dishes with that sprayer during a party when we needed more buffet plates in a hurry!

If anyone has any of the above papers, please weigh in--hopefully with photos. Thanks in advance-

ps no idea why these photos are so big! Pictures taken shortly after construction, since then have painted room with Laura Ashley apple green, but it is just boring and needs a wow factor... especially since it is right next to a really nice room :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional