SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaypeakay

Please help with ideas for inside of kitchen cabinets

kaypeakay
16 years ago

Well, it seems I made a bit of a mistake and forgot to get my two glass door cabs (which are wood) upgraded to the "wood" interior instead of the white melamine. Sigh. I am most likely going to paint the interior.

Other ideas may be to use some kind of cork (like what you see used to line drawers), or some kind of wipe-able fabric like Sunbrella outdoor fabric or oilcloth or something??

Also - I've considered using obscure glass, but the bright white interior will still show through, and I have my heart set on antique-y (old, wavy) glass or seedy glass, both of which are pretty transparent.

Any other ideas?

Also, and perhaps most important, has anyone painted the melamine interior of their cabinets? If so, can you please help me by posting the most simplistic, "idiot's guide to painting your melamine interior cabinets" for me? I have posted about this issue before on GW, to not much resonating help, (yet ;) and I am trying again.

I have also looked online, but despite being fairly adept at net searches, I have not really found anything overwhelmingly satisfactory, where I've thought "bingo, this is helpful and on point!"

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County