SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dkyork

testing iaq blower control on trane xv80/xr15 systems

dkyork
13 years ago

Hi All,

I need some assistance with IAQ installation. I called Honeywell and setup the R jumper to the DHM1 and DHM2 to BK on the A/H board. We turned off Comfort-R for now on jumpers 5 and 6. I pulled out my hand dandy multimeter and measured V at DHM1 and DHM2. I'm measuring 23.x V from DHM1 like I would espect? Also, I would think that I should be measuring lower V at DHM2 when the system is trying to lower humidity, but I don't seem to be. Still measuring in the 23.x range. I have the Stat set for 1 on 370 and 379. I set the humidity lower on the stat as well, but I don't see any voltage drops on the EIM to signify the stat controlling fan speed.

What gives? Anything else I can check or I could be doing wrong? I noticed there was no jumper between R and BK on my A/H board already and nothing hooked into BK at all. So I ran the DHM2 wire to the BK connection on the AH board. I've checked for posts in history and it seems I'm doing everything right. I understand the IAQ only lowers fan speed 80% and it doesn't lower voltage that much? I think at one point I did see it at 22V, but I'm not sure now. 80% doesn't seem like very much. Makes me wonder if the IAQ DOD is really better then Comfort ramp up schedule.

thanks all,

Dale

Comment

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH