SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmg67_gw

Question About RTA Reseller

kmg67
10 years ago

I've got a few questions about an RTA reseller I am thinking of buying cabinets from. This is a seller that is local to me. I've received a cabinet quote from them and since they are local I've been able to see the cabinets but not sure what I should be looking for as far as quality is concerned.

Here is what I do know:
Boxes are 3/4" plywood.
Drawers are dovetailed.
Doors are solid raised center panel.
Frameless construction.
No warranty.

I have not asked them who their supplier is or where the cabinets are manufactured. I do know its likely they are from China but that does not bother me as long as the materials are of good quality and of good construction. How can I tell? Should I even ask who the manufacturer is? Is the fact that they offer no warranty a reason for me to keep looking? Their reasoning is that they feel many other company warranties are exclusionary anyway.�They've told me they would work with me if there is a problem. I've followed up on a few references for this company and all is good as well as some favourable Angieslist reviews. They've been in business about 10 years.

The price they quoted me was reasonable but certainly not so low that it would make wonder if it was to true to be good. Price is a little little higher than equivalent Ikea cabinets but certainly less than fully custom ones. The looks and color of the cabinets are exactly what I want (dark chocolate stain on a shaker style door). They've also offered me lots of design advice and will help me coordinate my renovation. I was originally hoping to go with Ikea cabinets but did not like the colors they offered and do not want to go the custom door route where you order those from another manufacturer (ie Scherrs, Semihandmade etc).

Thoughts?

Comments (3)